To give our community a strong foundation, we empower our neighbors to overcome hardship and achieve financial stability. Times of economic crisis only exacerbate financial challenges for many in our community. Our partnerships in Financial Stability seek to meet both the immediate needs of our neighbors, and to build a community where everyone can thrive.
Our Community Investment and Regional Investment grants are supporting our funded partners work, including:
- The Central Arkansas Family Stability Institute, as a part of our Stable Families Initiative
- Access to banking services to help people build assets
- Transitional housing for people and families experiencing homelessness
- Support for adults seeking to further their education
- Workforce development and entrepreneurship support.
ALICE is Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed. ALICE is working hard - sometimes two or three jobs - but still not making enough to cover Arkansas's cost of living. 46% of Arkansans live below the ALICE threshold. Together we can See ALICE and Stand Up for ALICE, by advocating for policies and funding programs that remove barriers to ALICE's success.
Arkansas's ALICE report was commissioned by the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.