Join the United Way team! We're partnering with United Ways across the state to develop a database for future 2-1-1 service.
Have you ever wanted to:
- make a difference in the lives of people in need?
- get an opportunity to be the best thing that happens on a person’s worst day?
- gain valuable preparation toward an AIRS certification?
- get to know various communities?
- make like-minded friends who enjoy serving others?
- experience personal growth?
- be transformed by hearing people’s challenges?
- be rewarded by helping find solutions?
Become an AmeriCorps Member and make a difference in your community! Gather resources to help people in need across the state of Arkansas. The United Way of Northwest Arkansas (UWNWA) Statewide 2-1-1 AmeriCorps program is now recruiting half-time members for our 2017-2018 program year. 2-1-1 is an information and referral helpline for health, human and social services. UWNWA Statewide 2-1-1 AmeriCorps will place members in the United Way office in the Little Rock area where they will serve as Community Resource Specialists.
We are seeking dedicated, responsible applicants with a passion for helping others. Experience working with or demonstrated understanding of social services is needed. Bilingual applicants, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide thorough training and ongoing support.
Program Dates: January 15, 2018 – August 31, 2018. You must serve for the entire program length.
- Monthly living allowance of $789.39
- Education Award of up to $2907.50 upon completion of 900 hours that can be used for qualified educational expenses for up to 7 years
- Student loan deferment
- Access to professional training and development opportunities
- Direct Service experience with United Way and 2-1-1