Heart of Arkansas United Way Community Investment Grants are available to organizations that serve or operate in Pulaski or Lonoke Counties. Applications for the 2019-20 grant cycle were due on Friday, March 1. Below are the guidelines and eligibility requirements for our grant applicants. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Kristi Davis, Director of Initiatives and Investments, at email@example.com or 501-435-3200.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
OUR FOCUS AREAS
- Recognized 501(c)3 non-profit, tax exempt organization and/or a tax-exempt entity by the IRS
- Locally based volunteer board of directors that meet at least quarterly, makes policy decisions and holds election of officers
- Audit (annual budget $500,000.00 or over) or Financial Review (annual budget under $500,000.00)
- IRS Form 990 if required by the IRS
- Demonstrates effectiveness of its programs/services through measurable outcomes
- Works in Partnership with other organizations to positively impact our community and its citizens
- Registered with the Arkansas Secretary of State, if required
- Serve or operate in Pulaski and/or Lonoke Counties.
- Organizations may apply for funds to start a new program or support an existing program.
- Up to 10% of grant funds may be used for administrative expenses associated with the program.
- Grant funds cannot be sought for capital expenditures such as building, plans, construction or renovation.
- Grant funds cannot be sought for proselytization.
- Minimum grant request for is $5,000.00.
September 2019: Quarterly Fund Disbursement begins