Are you ready to join the fight for the education, financial stability, and health of every person in our community?
Volunteers are key to improving our community. But did you know that volunteerism also has benefits in your own life?
Corporate volunteer involvement strengthens a company’s image, cultivates employee teamwork, and leaves a lasting, positive impact on our community. Heart of Arkansas United Way makes it easy for businesses to incorporate volunteerism into their culture. In 2018, our community of volunteers provided books, learning activities, food, and hygiene items directly to children and families; offered support to important community events; and worked alongside our partner agencies to build their capacity to serve.
2018 Quick Facts:
- 200 volunteers
- over 600 hours served
- more than 16,000 items donated
- 17 partner nonprofit agencies
- 20 projects
- volunteers from 20 companies and organizations
Set up a volunteer event for your company! Contact Kelly Owen to learn more.
Supporting local programs that get results is at the core of our mission. That's where you come in.
- Education: nurturing children's potential
- Financial Stability: fostering financial stability
- Health: improving people’s wellness
- You will read and evaluate grant applications in one of our focus areas, visit with all applicants to further understand how their program impact our community.
- A two-hour training session will teach you how to read budgets and evaluate programs.
- You will work with your committee to make funding recommendations to send to the Heart of Arkansas United Way board of directors.
For more information or to join the Community Investment Committee, contact Mollie Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.435.3203.