Are you ready to join the fight for the education, financial stability, and health of every person in our community?
Volunteers are key to improving our community. But did you know that volunteerism also has benefits in your own life?
Build your team and make an impact with corporate volunteerism.
Corporate volunteer involvement strengthens a company’s image, cultivates employee teamwork, and leaves a lasting, positive impact on our community. Heart of Arkansas United Way makes it easy for businesses to incorporate volunteerism into their culture. Contact Kelly Owen to learn more.
Put your expertise to work on a United Way volunteer committee!
- Community Investment Committee volunteers review funding requests, program outcomes, financial data and past performance to ensure responsible stewardship and accountability for funds invested by United Way. Most of the work takes place between February and June, and volunteers are asked to commit to monthly meetings, evaluation of funding requests (on your own time), and site visits. Contact Kristi Davis to learn more.
- The Marketing and Communications Committee helps set communications strategy and offers tips and best practices in the field. There is also opportunity for this committee to assist with events. This committee meets on an as-needed basis. Contact Mollie Palmer for more information.
- Resource Development Cabinet members focus on fundraising and donor engagement, assisting in campaign and fundraising strategy and implementation. Contact Brad Robertson for more information.
- The Finance Committee meets bi-monthly in advance of board meetings to provide oversight of the organization's financial statement and budget. Contact Emmett McNeil to learn more.
- The Human Resources Committee will meet quarterly to offer best practices and share industry trends with United Way leadership. Contact Lynn Pharr to learn more.
Looking a way to volunteer as an individual, family, or group? Connect with VolunteerAR to find a meaningful and impactful opportunity.